Sunday, July 27, 2008

Summer gone!

We are back to the school scene tomorrow, so our summer fun has to be done... We spent a decent amount of time improving our dirt pit (aka yard) though there's still plenty to do. Here are a few pics. It's amazing the difference some green can make in your outdoor view.
This will be a garden bed--we have to add plenty of soil amendments to grow any produce here. Darren has tackled all of these projects with little experience; I've pitched in when I can, and we have been happy with the results so far...

8 comments:

Alisa F. said...

It looks good! I can't wait to see it! Love you!

Jed and Leona said...

you're already starting school?! it's so early! the kids here start on the 18th, that seems early too, but we're grateful for it to come! your backyard looks great!

Heather and Scott said...

Your yard looks great. That is a lot of work, but yes the grass is great. We are just getting to where we can enjoy our grass. We did hydro seed and it has taken awhile to grow but now we are enjoying it. I can't believe you kids are back in school. Sounds like you guys are having fun. Keep the posts coming. We love to hear about you guys.

Emilie said...

Wow, it really does look good! Can't wait to see it (but I sure could wait for the heat to leave before we do, oh well :)

Shannon said...

Your yard looks really big, especially compared to the other place. Nice work on beautifying the area! I wish I could see it in person. Good luck in school Christopher and Natalie!

Dana Broderick said...

what a nice big yard! it would be so great to see you guys when we move back! We move back mid Aug so I'll find a way to get in touch with you and we can get our families together! I'm so excited! :)

Angela said...

I love all the green grass. Kudos to you guys putting in a sprinkler system, your own grass and getting ready a garden spot.

Yomama said...

I hope your bravado in putting in that much grass - ergo, green - is rewarded by a climate change, with lots more rain to sustain your AZ eye candy! I'll check in soon to see how the twinners like school this year... Love you all, Yomama

Blog Archive

Not much to say